Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Ark Aberration...  (Read 72 times)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
Ark Aberration...
« on: February 10, 2018, 02:03:53 PM »
so, I got ark aberration on friday, only played it a little so far, seems cool, good change up from the old versions, playing on a modded server, just tamed a few dinos last night, stego for gathering, raptor & one of the new animals, a ravenger... which is kinda like a hyena only bigger & stronger... but having fun so far, certian resources are much harder to get, like oil, gottta travel a good distance for that & it's in a dangerous spot, also the new flying/gliding rig you make, plus there is some hazmat type cloths you have to make, seems they have got radiation in the game in some areas & the larger more exotic animals will be much harder to get on my own, so I could use some mates to join in, if your up to it.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
Re: Ark Aberration...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:33:31 PM »
so, I got home today & got on to play some ark & when I clicked on the ark icon, it said "your about to install ark"  and I'm like what???  so apperently when you run out of space on a drive, steam uninstalls the game instead of making me aware that space is needed, what a horrible thing to do, now I got to reinstall the entire game again & this seems to be a steam thing not ark.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
Re: Ark Aberration...
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 12:46:26 AM »
so to give an update... for some reason ark had somehow uninstalled & when I tried the first reinstall, it said I was out of space on the HD, but that was not the case, I still have over 150gigs of space, so something got screwed up with ark, so I did a game validation, which took forever & it said 2 files did not validate & would be reaquired & when I click on it to see which files were redownloading, it would show zero & just set there... instead of redownloaing, it would go back to validating, did this twice & when I tried to start the game, I would get an ingame crash notice with a bunch of code I didn't understand & the game would shut down, so I decided that I've already wasted almost 3 hours, why not waste a few more & delete the entire game & start over, am I crazy or what.

So, after about 1 hour & redownload 27gigs & now it's reinstalling all the mods I had on before... all 152 of them, that's right, this game better work after all this or someone is going to get smacked right in the mouth...