Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: DNL updates...  (Read 630 times)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
DNL updates...
« on: August 07, 2017, 11:09:36 PM »
Dark and Light 8/7 Update-Servers and Patch Notes
August 7 - michaelgu   
Greetings Adventurers! Our next major patch is about to go live - we’ll be shutting down official servers at 01:00 PDT, so be sure to get to safety and log out before then to reduce the risk of accidental data loss.

Important notice about this patch: We’ve identified a number of problem areas around The Sacred Path where players and creatures were getting stuck. We’ve done some work on the terrain in these areas, and it should make for a much better experience while traveling and building a home on The Sacred Path. Unfortunately, a side effect of these changes is that structures and items on the affected terrain may be damaged or destroyed when the patch goes live. For future patches, we’ll be implementing a system where we can cordon off areas targeted for terrain fixes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Infernus Dragon Fire Breath Exploit - Temporary Fix: A tamed Infernus Dragon’s Fire Breath attack wasn’t properly interacting with House Seals and structures, allowing players to damage items and players through walls under a House Seal. This has turned out to be a fairly complex issue, so we’ve temporarily disabled the Infernus Dragon’s Fire Breath attack while we’re working on a permanent fix.

General Updates

Animation and Sound:

Weapons / Magic:
    Wooden Bow - Improved animations.
    Ghost Scythe - Added new sound effects to light and heavy attacks.
    Horses - Added hit and footstep sound effects.

Characters:
    Evades (crouch + movement direction) - Added a forward evade and improved animations for all evades.
    Adjusted various female character animations.
    Adjusted movement animations during character creation.

Balance:

General:
    Slightly increased the time for rare resource nodes to respawn after being depleted.

NPCs:
    City Guards - Increased base stats.
    NPC health recovery speed increased.

Creatures:
    Divine Creatures - Added spell damage resistance.
    Boss Creatures - Increased health pool.
    Infernus Dragon - Added spell damage resistance and fire damage immunity. Temporarily removed Flame Breath attack. Reduced respawn rate.
    Frost Dragon - Added spell damage resistance and ice damage immunity. Reduced respawn rate.
    Wyvern - Added spell damage resistance.
    Elementals - Added elemental damage immunity based on the Elemental’s type (i.e. Fire Elementals are now immune to fire damage).
    Ice Elemental - Added new water attack.
    Water Elemental - Increased respawn rate.
    Dark Fallen - Added dark damage immunity.
    Ice Wolf - Added ice damage resistance.
    Hellcat - Added fire damage resistance.
    Bahamut - Added fire damage resistance.
    Centaurs - Adjusted animations.
    Wolf - Reduced the amount of Raw Meat obtained from harvesting a Wolf corpse.

Characters:
    Friendly fire constitution damage reduced.
    City Lords - Adjusted the amount of gold required to enforce punishments.

Equipment / Magic:
    All Projectile Magic (Fireball, Frostbolt, Lightning, etc.) - Increased projectile max flight distance.
    Wall of Lightning - No longer damages structures.
    Small Spell Tower - Increased targeting range by 50%.
    Iron Hammer - Heavy attack hit detection improved.
    Iron Pick - Added a power attack (right-click).
    Spear - Can now aim vertically, even if it looks a bit awkward for now.
    All Armor Types - Adjusted physical and magic defense, and added spell resistance to be more in line with the armor tier, type, and weight.

New Content:

General:
    Using certain items will now increase related Knowledge node experience.

UI:
    Added Health and Mana bars when targeting creatures, NPCs, and other players.
    Adjusted tooltips in the Knowledge interface.
    Added icons above objects that can be interacted with.
    Ice Chunk - Changed the item icon.
    Server Selection UI - Now allows for longer server names.
    Keybinds - Cleaned up the menu and removed unused actions.

Bug Fixes

General:

Resetting Potion - Using it will no longer reset your unlocked Schematics.
    Wall of Lightning - Schema crafting requirements, damage tick frequency, and spell duration have all had their values corrected.
    Spider Web - Players can now move immediately after casting.
    Firestorm - Fixed damage against metal structures.
    Fertilizer - Fixed a bug where fertilizer would disappear from a crop plot after a short period of time.
    War Flag - Fixed a bug where, occasionally, after making a war declaration, the House that received the declaration would not be able to damage the declaring House’s structures.
    Framework Triangle Foundation - Corrected HP values.
    Stone and Iron Pickaxe and Axe - Improved hit detection, making it easier to gather from smaller resource nodes without needing to crouch.
    War Declaration - Fixed incorrect War Declaration time, now persists through server restarts. Fixed an issue where one House was unable to attack another even after receiving a War Declaration.
    Focusing Potion - Fixed a bug where it was uncraftable if learned after level 10.
    Bedrolls - Can now be picked up after placing and will retain durability usage.
    Parachute - Fixed a bug where players were still taking full fall damage even when using a Parachute.
    Dragon Transports - Temporarily removed Estel and Ironfast’s Dragon Transports while the system is redesigned.
    Wall Torch - Fixed a bug where Wall Torches would defy all logic and expand to dozens of times their original size when demolished.

NPCs:

Guards - Fixed a bug where Guards would occasionally spawn with only 1 HP. Can now actually look up and target / attack flying creatures.
    NPC Vendors - Now respawn in their set location within their city after a set period of time after being killed.

The Sacred Path:

Adjusted terrain in a number of locations around The Sacred Path where characters and creatures were getting stuck. This patch is focused mainly on the area around Ironfast.
    Fixed issues with floating foliage in a number of locations around The Sacred Path.

Creatures:

Fixed a bug where a character dismounting from certain creatures would allow them to clip through walls.
    Longhorn, Hellcat, and Infernus Dragon - Fixed a bug where these creatures would move backwards when using their normal attack while riding them. Power attacks still have this issue, and will be fixed in a future patch.
    Frost Dragon - Fixed a bug where Frost Dragons could be ridden without a saddle.
    Light Elemental - Fixed a bug where Light Elementals could be equipped with a saddle.

Graphical:

Made adjustments to the Female Guard Armor and Male Traveler Suit models.

Note: we're aware that there are still some issues with the Quest system, and we appreciate your feedback thus far. We're working on those bugs and we'll have a fix out as soon as possible.

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
Re: DNL updates...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:38:40 PM »
i am verry sorry Ed but i only have 4gig harddrive space left on the server, think we have to wait till they release official server files. I need to have the game fully installed on my server to run a server. If ARK would have no server files then we could not run a ARK server anyways.

My server is a barebone and i cannot expand the HDD capacity, at least not now cause ithas a SSD 120gig and i dont have the money for a 240gig :S

OOH and btw it is not the Empyrion server causing the low space since that still is only 3gig tops cause they HAVE server files ;)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 10:41:22 PM »
rgr that bud, thanks for all your already do so much...

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 12:22:40 AM »
Dark and Light 8/10 Update-Servers and Patch Notes
August 10 - michaelgu   
Greetings, residents of Archos! Our next patch update is going to address a spread of bugs related to, among other things, NPCs and staffs/spell casting. Maintenance will start on 8.10 at 1:00 A.M. PDT, so be sure to log out ahead of time to preserve your data.

Here's the full list of what to expect:

We've made rabbits and sheep easier to hunt--though why would you want to kill such sweet fuzzy creatures?
    Fix the bug that causes players to lose their inventory items when rebooting the server.
    Allow human NPCs to respawn after being killed so that you can do your trading and get your gold!
    Fix the bug that permitted random players to sit in your chair or lie in your bed.
    You will now be able to drag the bodies of players who are dizzy and immobile, similarly to how you can drag dead bodies.

Weapon and Spell Fixes:

Previously players could cast a spell even if their mana was insufficient, which decreased their staff's core durability. We've fixed this issue.
    When you switch your staff from being on your back to in your hand and also use the shortcut to switch the staff head, a bug prevents the right staff head from being placed. We've fixed this bug.
    The Wall of Fire will now give players damage if its cast at them or where they're standing--you're not fireproof anymore!

Playability Fixes:

Fix bugs in the scroll wheel players use as a shortcut to switch between items.

Performance Optimization:

Optimized creature's movement AI.
    Reduce the number of fish to prevent the number of creatures getting stuck in the terrain.
    Improve and optimize game performance and playability.
    We've temporarily the option to rent a house in the city, but if you've already got a rental, don't worry--yours won't be affected. We're adjusting the system to make it easier to use, as well as add special guards to protect your stuff, so you can be confident that your rental will be safe.
    We've optimized tree cutting so that you can cut down trees quicker and more smoothly.

We've got a big update planned for later this month, and there are still some known issues that we're working on. We appreciate all your feedback, and our Support Team is always available to help you out.

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 06:42:55 PM »
wellll.... gues what?

i got our server up and running again! i installed the DnL server manager. same creators of the ARK server tool i used so im all familiar with it :P

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 09:07:02 PM »
great, thanks bud, why don't we go ahead a make some changes that we talked about, set the gathering rates up a bit, maybe even the XP & taming speeds.. and set the player animal damage to zero if you can.  I've been playing this week on a pub server that has these settings & I've gotten up to lvl 27, getting much better FPS to sense the last few updates, so hopefully it looks better for you, we can start over with our characters & away we go...

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »
Dark and Light 8/11 Update-Servers and Patch Notes
August 11 - michaelgu   
Greetings, denizens of the Dark and Light world! Our latest patch fixes a few issues that players have been giving us a lot of feedback about. Maintenance will begin at 4:00 A.M. PDT so please log out before it begins.

Here's what you can expect:

- Optimization: We've removed the function that allows you to drag a dizzy character's body the way you can drag a dead body.
   - Fix: Many players reported their game getting stuck when loaded at 99%. We've fixed this bug, and we appreciate all the players who reached out to bring this to our attention!
   - Fix: We've fixed the recurring problem of disappearing NPCs that don't respawn once killed.
   - Fix: Many players have reported that their spell towers with wouldn't work with certain spell combinations after each previous update. We've fixed the bug causing that issue.
   - Fix: We've addressed the bug that allows players to use advanced spells without a decrease in mana that would occur when players would switch staff heads.
   - Fix: Display error at the respawn point.

Thanks again for all the great feedback you've been giving us. We're working hard to make Archos as awesome as possible, and we can't do it without your help!

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 12:14:55 AM »
great, thanks bud, why don't we go ahead a make some changes that we talked about, set the gathering rates up a bit, maybe even the XP & taming speeds.. and set the player animal damage to zero if you can.  I've been playing this week on a pub server that has these settings & I've gotten up to lvl 27, getting much better FPS to sense the last few updates, so hopefully it looks better for you, we can start over with our characters & away we go...

Well we still have our things on the server there was no wipe. FF is off and farming resources is doubled now.

Tomorrow ill tweak the rest of the settings.

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 09:54:25 AM »
btw the server password is ''future'' now.

and all settings have been tweaked except building near the town, so far as i know there is no setting for that since it will prevent players from blocking areas in PvP.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 10:13:37 AM by |AGW|TP-Fir3fox »

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2017, 01:33:40 PM »
yea, I tried to get on last night & it said I had the wrong pswd, so I got on the pub server, tamed a Vrock & was able to fly around for the first time..

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 01:57:23 PM »
well my 3th SSD has died today i played 1 hour of DnL and my pc kept crashing/freezing and on each restart my SSD was gone from the device list, same thing happend with the other 2... So my advice for SSD users only use it for your windows partition unless you want to buy a new one each year. they are burning away when you play games on them.

So im reinstalling steam and DnL atm will be back online when finnished.

From now on ill call SSD's Solid Shit Drives lol!

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 11:45:03 AM »
I increased the servers xp and harvesting multiplier.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 01:23:38 AM »
thanks bud, can you make that server save on an hour instead of ever 15mins, seems to lag pretty hard when it does...

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 09:45:02 AM »
Oh yea i noticed same as ARK in the beginning. Thought they learned from ark as they fix the lagspike on saves.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2017, 12:23:13 PM »
Dark and Light 8/17 Update - Patch Notes
August 16 - michaelgu   
This latest patch is designed to address player concerns about game balance. We’ve enhanced the strength of all buildings and adjusted the strength of certain spells to better protect creatures and players, to make battles and raids more fair. Maintenance for this patch will begin at Aug 17th 1AM PDT., so be sure to find a safe place and log out before then to preserve your character data, and get ready for a much more balanced Archos! Here's the full list of updates:

Melee weapon damage reduction:

The amount of damage a stone weapon can do to thatch structures is reduced.
    Iron weapons' damage to thatch and wood buildings is reduced, and iron weapons can cause minor damage to buildings made of stone.
    The iron hammer will retain its ability to do additional damage to structures, but it can no longer cause damage to iron reinforcements and castle structures.

Creature damage reduction:

Most creatures will only be able to damage structures made of thatch and wood, making it safer for characters to live out in the wild. Get started on your dream mountain cabin!
    Only powerful dark creatures can cause damage to stone buildings, iron reinforcements, and castles. Vigilance is key at nightfall!

Spell damage reduction:

The damage that non-fire and non-earth spells can inflict upon thatch structures has been reduced.
    Only Firestorm I, II, and Fireball II and III can cause damage to wood structures.
    Only Firestorm I, III and Fireball III can cause damage to stone structures.
    Only Firestorm I and II can cause damage to iron reinforced buildings.
    Only Firestorm II can damage castles.
    Damage to castles from Firestorm spells is reduced.

Projectile weapon damage reduction:

The damage of stone arrows, stone spears and stone flying knives to thatch structures is reduced.
    Only Siege Arrows and Bursting Arrows can cause damage to wooden structures.
    Only Siege Arrows can damage a stone building. Their damage to iron reinforcements is reduced, and they can cause slight damage to castles.

Lightning Bolt reduction:

We've reduced the ballistic speed of Lightning Bolt in order to improve accuracy when casting it.

We've got plans to roll out some exciting new content this month, so stay tuned for more updates. As always, if you encounter an issue, our Support Team is available to help you out!

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2017, 06:28:49 PM »
Server is updated!

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »
Upcoming patch update
August 17 - michaelgu   
Heads up, Adventurers!

Over the next week, we'll be rolling out an update aimed to reduce load times and memory usage.

We also have a major content update planned for the end of this month!

Players who are interested in helping provide testing and feedback before it goes live will have the chance to sign up to join a limited-time test server.

Stay tuned for more info in the coming weeks!

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »
Dark and Light 8/23 Update - Patch Notes 
August 23

Greetings Adventurers! Dark and Light’s next update, v100.5468 is on its way - this patch is scheduled to launch at 1:00AM PST on 8/23/2017. Please make sure to log out completely before the servers go down to reduce the risk of data loss.
  • Optimized server performance
  • Fixing, durability will no longer be deducted if switching between the same staffs
  • Optimization, greatly increased the health of constructions
  • Optimization, independent constructions will be atomically destroyed after 72 hours. Other constructions will be destroyed after player has been off-line for 72 hours

Kevin, you will need to turn off or adjust that decay timer for structures, given that we may be offline for longer than 3 days...
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 10:10:37 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed »

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2017, 10:23:39 PM »
server is updated and PVE Structure Decay is disabled ;)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2017, 10:06:29 PM »
Dark and Light 8/25 Update - Patch Notes 
August 24

Greetings Adventurers! A small update is on its way to Archos - here’s what’s being changed, this patch is scheduled to launch at 1:00AM PST on 8/25/2017

• Official Server Optimization: We’re rolling out some more optimizations for our official servers that should help reduce issues with lag and stuttering.
  • Structure Decay Timing: We’re extending the decay timer for structures made from Stone or higher-tier materials. Structures will still be automatically destroyed once the decay timer is exceeded, but if you or your Housemates are online and visit the structure, the timer will automatically reset. We implemented this change because want to prevent instances of players blocking off resources or ideal building locations, but the timer was set too short, which we realized may negatively affect normal players. We’ll keep an eye on how the new decay timer works out and continue to make adjustments to the system as necessary.
  • Trigger Death Changes: We’re adding a 5 minute cooldown to the ‘Trigger Death’ function in the esc menu. After using ‘Trigger Death’, players will now have a 15 second respawn timer. We noticed that some players were abusing the ‘Trigger Death’ function to create a mountain of corpses in city squares, causing performance issues in an area around the city, so we’ve added a short respawn timer to prevent this abuse.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 12:18:27 PM »
Dark and Light 8/30 Update - Patch Notes  August 30   

Greetings Adventurers! Dark and Light’s next update, v100.X is on its way - this patch is scheduled to launch at 1:00 AM PST on 8/30/2017. Please make sure to log out completely before the servers go down to reduce the risk of data loss. If you’re a private server host, make sure your server client is updated to v100.5973 after the patch to make sure your players can connect properly.

Important Notice on Areas Targeted for New ContentIn major updates in the near future, we’re planning  on adding content that will take the place of some of the wide-open areas on The Sacred Path. As a result, some Adventurers’ structures may be damaged, or even destroyed entirely. In order to help prepare for these additions and prevent losses, we’ve added glowing indicators in affected areas. Please check to make sure that your structures and items are completely out of the range of the glowing indicators to avoid losing anything.

General Updates
  • In our ongoing optimization efforts, we’ve merged and removed a number of redundant assets and improved the way textures are loaded. As a result, load times when initially logging into a server have been reduced, and overall performance should be improved. We’ll be continuing to improve Dark and Light’s optimization throughout the Early Access period - thanks for your feedback and support!
  • Spell Tower Changes - Spell Towers will now deal significantly increased damage. Delay between shots has been reduced. Certain powerful spells cast by players can also now be intercepted by Spell Towers.
  • House War Declaration Changes - House Owners can now set permissions on which House members can make War Declarations.
  • Experience Gain Changes - High-level Dark Fallen, Wraiths, and Elementals will now grant more experience when killed.
  • Greatsword - Power attack (RMB) removed.
  • Durability Changes - Being attacked will now remove less durability from equipped items.
  • Mounted Creature Knowledge Experience Gain Changes - Harvesting while mounting a tamed creature will now grant reduced Knowledge tree experience gains.
  • Tamed Creature Stat Adjustments - Creature base stats have been increased, but it will now take longer for tamed creatures to level up.
  • Creature Taming Difficulty Adjustments - Creatures are now slightly more difficult to tame across the board. Frost Dragons and Infernus Dragons are now much more difficult to tame.
  • Scrolling with the mouse wheel will no longer switch between items on the hotbar.
  • Updated the launch splash screen.
Bug Fixes
  • Various construction pieces have been reworked to make them easier to place.
  • Adjusted the concentration of resources in several problem areas to improve performance.
  • FPS has been improved when viewing the Inventory.
  • Tooltips should now display properly on the respawn UI.
  • Guards should now properly target and attack flying creatures.
  • Fixed a bug where city guards would occasionally slide or float randomly while pathing.
  • Fixed a bug where the Focusing Potion Schema wasn’t unlocking for some players.
  • Fixed an issue where attacking a Fire Imp with a Greatsword would occasionally cause a server crash.
  • Tamed Elementals will no longer despawn on server restarts.
  • Fixed a bug where casting a spell with insufficient mana would still remove equipped spell durability.
  • Fixed a bug that would allow players to dismount certain creatures to clip inside of structures.
  • Fixed a bug where War Declarations would occasionally result in immediate wars when declaring against multiple houses.
  • Fixed a bug where one House wouldn’t be able to attack another after a War Declaration was made.
  • Removed collision models for a number of objects.
  • Fixed a bug where characters wouldn’t take damage from Fire Wall.
  • Visual effects when using Summoning Stones and Soul Suppression Stones have been fixed.
  • Triangular Foundations will no longer float when placed.
  • Several sound effects have been adjusted.
  • Players were still able to use prone by adjusting some .ini files - prone has now been completely removed as intended.
  • Respawn locations are now properly labeled in the respawn UI.
  • Fixed a bug where creatures were wandering in a wide radius - they will now wander in a shorter radius from their original spawn.
  • Fixed a bug where character models would go rigid when seized by a creature.
  • Fixed a bug where players weren’t able to donate to Estel’s blacksmith.
  • Soul Node inventory text has been adjusted.
  • Fish were spawning out of control! Aquatic creature spawn rates have been reduced.
  • Adjusted the frequency of meteorite spawns.
  • Bear, Boar, and Wolf animations have been adjusted. They should get stuck inside of other creatures less frequently now.
  • Equipment models have been adjusted to look more natural.
  • Removed interactable items in rented properties to improve performance in cities.
  • Slums can now be rented in Estel.
  • Weapon hit rates have been improved while running.
  • Fixed an issue where Revival Altars were displaying improperly on the respawn UI.
  • Improved Copper Helmet model on female characters.
  • Adjusted Infernus Dragon saddle model.
  • Adjusted Cyclops respawn points so they should no longer respawn inside of stones.
  • Fixed an issue where tamed Nidhogs could be ridden without a saddle.
  • Fixed an issue where spells could be cast without losing durability.
  • Fixed an issue where Spell Towers were deactivating and needed to be reset on server restarts.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2017, 01:31:15 PM »
well, they got another update scheduled for today, but there must have been a problem, because they released the notes for it, but not the update itself, so... waiting...

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 12:14:00 PM »
They finally got all the bugs fixed that caused the crash & have re-released this big update..

Dark and Light 9/08 Update - Patch Notes 
September 7 - gracegu1125    Mysteries of Blackice Peaks patch supplement notes

Greetings Adventurers! Last week’s rolled back patch is scheduled to launch at 1.00 A.M PDT on 9/08/2017. Additionally, we have made some improvements based on the existed patch contents.

• Raged Bytorg the Frost-Bound turns the frost cave to a total frigid zone, adventurers must get fully prepared before their journey into the cave. Clothes with cold-resistance and spells that could rise temperature will be great of help.
  • Due to the curse of Bytorg the Frost-Bound, effects of blocking spells, such as Icewall have been weakened in the frost cave.
Again we’d like to apologize for failing to push the patch live earlier and causing a lot of confusion and frustration. In the past few days, we have been working on the build at our full stretch, and fixed existed bugs as below:
  • Fixed server crash bugs.
  • Fixed a bug that causes client to crash.
  • Fixed a bug where Hailstorm effects remain on screen.
  • We’re still working on the black screen issue. Players who encounter the issue or require technical support please reach our player support team at the link below: https://support.playdnl.com/hc/en-us. To help with our investigation, kindly attach detailed server and character information.

last weeks notes...

Dark and Light 9/03 Update - Patch Notes 
September 3  - gracegu1125

Greetings Adventurers! The awesome summers has come to an end and here it comes Labor Day, as well as Dark and Light’s next update! After one month’s efforts, we’re now bringing out a brand new adventure with various exciting features to all Archos! This patch is scheduled to launch on 9/03/2017. Please make sure to log out completely before the servers go down to reduce the risk of data loss.

New Adventure - Frost CaveSummer is gone, the deeply-buried Frost Caves entrance comes out gradually, bringing us a brand new adventure. The caves are always below freezing and home to mutant beasts, such as blue-skinned Goblins, Ice Titan, and Ice Spiders. All these beasts with different attack capabilities will try to stop players from each stepping forward. After all kinds of challenges and toughening to reach the inmost depths of the caves, players will finally encounter the very first giant boss – Bytorg the Frost-Bound, and you’d better pray not to be found by him.

• Creatures in the Cave
  • Ice Goblin: blue-skinned Goblins, more greedy and tricky than average ones.
  • Ice Golem: golem covered by frost armor, with increased defense
  • Ice Spider: a tougher opponent with faster movement
  • Ice Minion: small ice creatures summoned from by Bytorg the Frost-Bound
  • Cave Yeti: fiercely territorial creatures, guarding the Frost Caves for generations
  • Bytorg the Frost-Bound: giant yeti sealed by the frost mountains, guardian of the Frozen Workbench. This gigantic creature is as tall as three adult men, and can cast different kinds of ice spells, never go for it on your own.
  • New weapons and equipmentseNew frost outfit and weapons can be crafted via the Frozen Workbench, which is guarded by Bytorg the Frost-Bound, and the only key to activate the workbench is carried by Bytorg at all times.
  • Frostblade: A one-handed weapon with freezing effect, causing deceleration when hitting the target.
  • Force Bow: A strong and durable bow made of the furs of Bytorg, which deals tremendous damage to targets.
  • Frost Hammer: A heavy hammer made of the Earth Essence and Crystalline Alloy, deals more damage while riding on Vicious Hyena
  • Frost Outfit: Crafted by the drop loot of Bytorg, and provides considerable defense against ice and lightning damage.
Forging of Weapons and ArmorThe emergence of the Bytorg has brought about new energy surging, and the energy ground veins scattered around the world started to pulse again. Adventurers can search for ground veins, open it with magic, and summon the ancient deities to imbue powerful crafting enchantments and magic essence into the weapons and armor, and ultimately create extremely powerful weapons.
There will be an increase of an affix with each forging. The affix ceiling varies from equipment quality. Weapons and armor that currently can be forged are listed below.
  • Frostblade
  • Force Bow
  • Skullcraker
  • Frost Outfit
  • Mithril Breastplate
From Dev:
  • We've released the forging knowledge, with which adventurers will make use of the rare materials, adding additional attributes to weapons and equipments, or even change the shapes.
  • We will open up the first stage of forging knowledge, all weapons and armors come along with this update are able to be forged. With higher quality and more forgings, equipments will be empowered with more attributes. And of course we won’t forget the original equipments, please stay tuned!
  • Refinement stove is on our update plan list too, in which obsidian cube and crystalline alloy can be produced. These two rare materials are significant for ranking up weapons and equipments, facilities and defenses. More contents are waiting for adventurers to explore in the future.
Advanced Combat SaddleThe new energy surges also impacts creatures of this world, some creatures start to mutate. Hyenas become mad, the Cyclops is full of anger, and elks also incorporate new energy. Adventurers can search and tame them in the wild. In order to better tap the potential of these creatures, trainers have designedly prepared new saddles for them.
  • Vicious Hyenas: larger than the average hyenas, with eyes glared with blood. Its offensive strength is beyond compare. The Skullcraker can be used when riding it.
  • Albino Deer: Used to be the peaceful creature, the antler wears pale yellow light after it absorbs the magic essence. Adventurers are allowed to use force bow and arrow while riding on Light Deer.
  • Savage Cyclops: Their skin turns green out of unusual rage. Lifting huge rocks and destroy houses are only a piece of cake for them.
New Structure – HiveNew energy has brought new lives, such as bees. They settle down here to build Hives. Adventurers can steal treasures hidden in the Hive or take a Hive back to your house as a troop of guards.

New Techniques of Engineering: Goblin BallistaGoblin Ballista: Hiring annoying Goblins as assistants to defend your house. Similar to Spell Tower as an early-stage defensive unit, Goblin Ballista doesn’t cost much to build and maintain. It only consumes Goblin Contract, normal arrows and magic arrows.

Cooking Study & More FoodAs the study of food materials goes further, adventurers are enabled to produce 12 new foods, such as Dried Apple and Wheat Flour. Some cooker now has new looks.
  • Advanced Mortar and Pestle has been added to increase effectiveness
  • Larder Box and Cooking Pot have improved with new looks
New Spells, New PropsAdventurers have to study new spells to cope with powerful enemies.
  • Rune of Restoration II: A more powerful healing spell, which can only be used for one’s own.
  • Healing Light: Provides treatment for other adventurers, showing a strong value in team war.
  • House Medical Flag: Takes effects after being placed, and provides treatment for members of the same house in attacking range. There are also additional melee attack bonuses.
From Dev:For small group combat, we provide a variety of healing spells to lengthen the duration. Players now shall have more time to come up with battle tactics and routes to experience more fun in the fighting.

In addition, the magic of some spells have also been strengthened.
  • Intermediate Magic Extraction: Strengthened Draining Spell, could extract energy from everything in a certain range.
  • Flame Missile: We have optimized the chasing fireball effect. Now it looks more dangerous.
New items have been discovered
  • Parachute: Ensure slowly landing, an earlier flying tool before Hanglider.
  • Telescope: Enables adventurers to observe distant objects.
Bug fixesCharacters
  • Hair of female characters is now natural
  • Fixed a bug where the equipment and body of female roles interspersed.
  • Corrected the name of the elven melee guard’s equipment
  • Fixed bugs where players would stuck when flying or swimming under the Floating Islands.
  • Fixed a bug that characters with maximum sized legs couldn’t sit on the chair.
Spells and equipment
  • Fixed a bug that she spell “Great Ball Of Fire” is not effective within its maximum range.
  • Fixed the bug where the release of “Cobweb of Crystal Ball” earns too much EXP.
  • The magic arrow damage and the actual element type are matched.
Urban and the wild
  • Fixed the bug where some trees and stones are floating.
  • Fixed a bug that Dwarven vendors couldn’t invest.
Creature bugs
  • Fixed a bug that the Fallen can hardly attack players.
  • Fixed bugs that the Cyclopes would embed into stones.
  • Fixed bugs that Horse’s HP gets lessened when server resets or crashes.
  • Fixed the wrong description of Goblins’ backpack.
  • Fixed a bug that players couldn’t ride on Fafnir.
Structure bugs
  • Fixed a bug where the hatch of Dwarven’s city can be crafted on skylight frames of other cities.
  • Fixed a wrong description of the location where to craft Castle of Preview, it should be crafted on Work Station only.
  • Fixed bugs where gaps existed between walls and doorframes.
Performance Optimization
  • Client performances have improved when loading scenes in Dwarven City.
  • Shortened the production time of Goblin Contract from 14400 seconds to 3600 seconds.
  • Adjusted mana consumption of different spells. Higher magic may cost more mana.
  • Expanded the inventory for the Pool of Revival to 180 slots.
  • Adjusted the cool-down of crossbow from 2.3 seconds to 2.0 seconds.
  • Added pin code to smithy and magic workbench.
  • Restored the modeling of ladder.
  • Replaced the modeling of quiver when using the string arrow.
  • Moved the "house war flag" button to a more easily-seen place in the inventory.
  • Renamed "Rune of Greater Soul Binding" to "Scroll of Soul Chains".
  • Display settings will dynamically change based on the performances of graphic cards.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:10:47 AM by |AGW|TC-Ed »

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2017, 12:17:07 PM »
Dark and Light 9/12 Update - Patch Notes
 September 12   

Greetings Adventurers! We’re rolling out a small patch update on 3.00 A.M PDT on Sep 12th to fix some existed bugs as:
  • Performance Optimization
  • Fixed a bug where gaps occur on the rocks backside of the hills in Frost Caves
  • Fixed a bug that no mana was consumed when casting Intermediate Magic Extraction

Please make sure to log out completely before the servers go down to reduce the risk of data loss. If you’re a private server host, make sure your server client is updated after the patch to make sure your players can connect properly.

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2017, 09:56:56 AM »
Server is updated and i increases the wild level cap by 100%