Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Dark & Light...  (Read 541 times)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
Dark & Light...
« on: August 01, 2017, 02:12:22 AM »
so, I was watching some of slipgator's video's yesterday, just passing the time & I really like this new game that just released a few weeks ago, called Dark & Light.  It is basically ARK with magic... but loads of new worlds & creatures.  I know that you guys are enjoying playing empyrion & that is cool, I'm not asking you to leave that game, but I've come to that point were I'm not enjoying the game very much, I've built my place up & made new ships & bases, but I'm not really getting a lot of out of the game, and as Tack says, it's what you enjoy doing that counts.  I going to get the game this coming payday (thursday).  Again, this is not a request to change, you guys are clearly still enjoying empyrion, but I just can't get ARK out of my system & this game is an ARK clone if you will... seeing that it's from the ppl who bought out wild card.

If you want more info on the game & just want to take a look, I got a few links below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ5oSHGLlUY

some of the creatures ingame, many are tamable & rankable just like in ARK...
https://wiki.ganareth.com/bestiary
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:16:12 AM by |AGW|TC-Ed »

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
Re: Dark & Light...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 03:39:13 PM »
wow that game looks cool! now i know why you where so enthusiastic about it. this game will use my graphics card again lol.

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
Well Ed i have the same thing... its getting boring fast once you got 10000 of each ingots and build a base and some vessels. If i login now i do not have a clue on what to do, taking out bases/outposts? they are all the same but on different planets lol. and for what? a second or thirth legendary gun i already have?

Empyrion is just not so long therm as we hoped it was...

Offline |AGW|TA-Grimco

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 04:18:53 PM »
Optimization Workarounds:

Add a launch option in the Steam game options tab: -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 –novsync
 - Bump up the 3d render scale
 - Update your GPU
 - Close all third-party applications

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 10:39:06 PM »
thanks Grim... I got those in now, better fps, very early ARK like with fps, will improve over time...

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 03:35:17 PM »
Kevin, got a few minor server adjustments if you can...  is there a way to turn off the "no taming animals near city" thing, I've had 2 grut's I manage to get knocked out, only to get a message that I can't tame them, cuz there to close to the city.  Also, can you turn up the gather rate just a bit, only to the next lever what ever that is, we need hide & can only get 2/3 per kill, no matter what the animal is & last, you already tried once to turn off the self damage to tamed animals, hoping you can figure that one out, thanks bud.

Offline Tacho

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 03:13:56 AM »
Glad to see you guys are still enjoying your gaming

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 11:43:51 AM »
Glad to see you guys are still enjoying your gaming

Sure we do, how about you? still playing ArmA Dayz?

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 02:00:59 AM »
so, I been reading some post on the DnL forums, found out some good info, when taming, it's important to stretch the rope out tight before sticking it in the ground, this will make it require less arrows to knock out, also important to work together on taming as it won't be easy to do this with animals like the panther, so teamwork is must.  also, Treant's (the walking trees creatures from Lord of the rings) help to make your plants grow faster, so taming one & having it near is good, also found a key guide.. in case you guys haven't already figured these out or already made changes, these are the default settings...

Item Transferring & Drop
A = Transfer
D = Drop
R = Access Inventory Space/Open Container
SHIFT + A = Transfer Half Stack [Contributed by krupt]
CTRL + A = Transfer One [Contributed by krupt]

Mount Whistle Commands
` = All Follow
, = All Stay
B = Target Follow
M = Target Stay
J = All Neutral
K = All Passive
L = Move To Location
H = Attack Target

Menu's
O = Task/Quests
U = Skills
I = Inventory
P = House Management
Backspace = Close NPC Dialogue

Player
Q = Holster/Unholster
ALT = Switch Hotbar Belt
C = Primary Radial Belt Menu
V = Secondary Radial Belt Menu [Contributed by MadTheory]
G = Drag/Drop Body
Right Shift = Toggle Sprint
LftCtrl = Crouch
Reload = R

Emotes
/ = Sorry/Regret
; = Nod/Affirmation
' = Shake Head/No
. = Laugh

Camera
END = Orbital Camera/Hide HUD
DEL = Hide HUD/Show Co-ordinates
Mouse 3/Middle Mouse Button = Center Camera

Chatbox
[ = House Chat
] = Local Chat
Enter/Return = Global Chat
\ = Camp Chat/Auto Hide Toggle
PgUp = Scroll Chatbox Up
PgDown = Scroll Chatbox Down
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 02:03:25 AM by |AGW|TC-Ed »

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 01:25:13 AM »
so I got on tonight just to work on my crop plots, make some fertilizer & get those going again & from watching a few video's I know that the Treant's can help with growing stuff.  I know there was one kinda stuck on the mountian near the elf city, so I flew up there but he was gone, on my way back, I see a panther off to my right, I know he's been hanging around in that area so I've stayed away, only this time he's not moving.

when I got close to him, I could see he was stuck on a rock & I was able to put about 20 arrows in, he was only lvl 16, but even with the low level, he's a beast at getting meat & hide... and he's really fast, so we got a panther now.  Took a sshot of me & him below, enjoy!

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:26:27 PM »
something I discovered the hard way, your animals when they run out of constitution, will go to sleep... regardless of where you are, so make sure you notice that before taking them into battle..

Offline |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »
Lol so you lost a tame?

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 06:22:57 PM »
no, just that right after I killed a wraith, my panthers constitution was all gone & it kicked me off, even put the saddle in my inventory & he sleep for about 10mins before I could ride him again.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2017, 01:37:51 PM »
got friends visiting today, might get a chance to get on during the day or tomorrow

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 02:26:36 PM »
building tips, actually a harvesting tip for builders, when your doing a build your going to collect wood, in this game, the large trees do not grow back.. or at least they haven't come back on our server for 3 weeks now, make sense really, large trees would take years, but there are small green trees, that have what kinda looks like a coconut on top, that respawn just like the plants you harvest, these are for multiple gatherings of wood.  You would only take down the larger trees for the building itself & make the scenery like you want it,  keeping the larger trees for both protection from view & immersion.  Pic below shows the smaller, green fruit tree next to the large brown tree... leave the big one & harvest the small one, it will come back fairly quickly.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 06:29:05 PM »
some bad news, good news & really good news...

first the bad, a meteor hit near the water & 2 death wraths came out, headed straight for our base & killed all 3 boars, almost killed the horse & kebo, but I managed hit them with enough lighting spells to kill them, so I was going to look for a few new boars, I was on the low lvl panther & came across another panther & thought I would take it down, only I didn't see the second panther... very high lvl, behind the rocks & they got me stuck between them & we both died.  so it started out a bad day for tames, lost 4 total.

now for some good news, I decided to look for another low lvl panther & found a lvl 68 stuck in rock, was able to get him & used the kibble I made, which keeps his wildness/taming effectivness high, he tamed out at 101.

finally the really good news, while I was out ranking him up with kills, I find a 116 Griffin stuck on cliff & I manage to get him down as well.  Can;t make a saddle for him yet, need more ranks, but at least I got him, I didn't have any more kibble & had to use rare meat, but he tamed out at 156

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 12:40:09 AM »
couple fun things tonight, first the new update changed a lot of the textures, the wood & stone buildings look a lot better, I like the look, plus they are stronger now as the wood has some stone in it.  also I finally ranked up my taming to get the large soul stone & was able to find a wounded Treant & captured it's soul, then took it back & revived a Treant, put him near my crops, will see tomorrow how much better they grow.  some pics below....

new gfx/textures of wood & stone..

the treant reviving from the soul pool...

Offline Tacho

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 02:09:48 AM »
Hell yeah, Fir3fox..KOTH, lots of escape missions from different maps, Dayz style missions, started playing PUBG even go back to BF2 and many more

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 02:17:09 AM »
just to let you guys know, when we first started playing this game the fps was very bad, I think it gave Kevin the most trouble, but the last few updates have made it a lot better... on DX11 & get around 60fps & on DX12 & get between 35 to 40, these are solid numbers, granted that is will many of the settings (like in ARK) set to medium or low & all of the boxes unchecked, but the game is running very smooth, only place you see major lag is in the cities, and that goes away once all the textures load in, so for what it's worth...

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
some of the guys on the dnl forums posted this info, this is for advanced forging...

Forging Knowledge

1. Head to the ice mountains with at least a full set of normal brimstone, warmth spell, recall spell, and a flying tame you intend to sacrifice.
2. Enter the cave entrace which is located at the end of the large bridge heading into the large ice mountain.
3. Go through the small entrance and mine ice crystal nodes. Collect as many as you can and recall out.
4. Once safe, eat 10 ice crystals to gain rank 1 of Forging
5. To progress to Rank 2, either eat more crystals or create the new forges
6. Once you have created the new forge you can power it by using Fire Essence crafted from the magic workbench(fire elemental core and magic essence)
7. Keep making more ingots(lightstone ones are easier) until you hit Rank 3
8. Once Rank3 you can craft the new forging workbench, if you need any odd looking items check the seed/herb vendor in the city or pick copper/iron/mithril for the uncommon/rare stone, kill animals for the rare/uncommon hide.
9. Now you have crafted the new forging workbench but need to place it.
10. First collect some earth, water, and air cores since you will need them to occupy soul nodes. Bring those along with the next steps.
10. Start by finding the new blue rock formation(firm foundation) located around the map(floating island next to dark alter, center of the map near the nidhog pools, in the water front side of the large human statues)
11. Now locate the Soul Node closest to the rock formation and occupy it using the earth, water, and air cores.
12. Now that you occupy the Soul Node you can place the new forging workbench on the blue rock formation(firm foundation)

This is where we are stuck... Once we placed the workbench it opens up a Forging Table(Energetic Pool) with Current Progress on the left showing Complete and Impurity. On the right is your inventory with 3 options Active, Transfer, Drop. We cannot seem to activate or transfer anything into the Energetic Pool.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 11:55:19 PM »
oh, the joys of an early access game.. the recent  update & hotfix patch somehow deleted all my characters on ever server I've played on & deleted all my save favorites, incleaidng the AGW server, just blank.... makes me want to smack Tack right in the mouth...

UPDATE...

it wasn't as bad as I thought.. it was only the list that got deleted, when I logged into the servers I already had characters in, everything was fine, just had to put them back in my favorites list... so, there you go..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 02:51:42 AM by |AGW|TC-Ed »