Welcome, Guest.

Author Topic: Empyrion - Galactic Survival  (Read 112 times)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
Empyrion - Galactic Survival
« on: June 05, 2017, 10:31:03 PM »
so, we got this new game, giving it a try, it looks very promising at this point, it's still early access, so much work to be done, this game is a bit of combo of Ark, Osiris & Landmark with it's digging into the ground for ores, so far it's be fun, so check it out below...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/Empyrion__Galactic_Survival/

Online |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
Re: Empyrion - Galactic Survival
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 06:56:45 AM »
That looks cool! I gotta say i am a bit burned out of ARK tbh.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 10:29:12 PM »
yea, we are too bud, plus it seems to be harder thing to keep up with the server needs all the time, so if you want to take a break from that, we are enjoying this & we all said that you would like this game, it's got a lot to offer & given that it's so early in the dev, it can really go far, not sure what's involved with making a server with this game, but I'm sure you could figure it out, did my first space flight last night, flew up to the moon to mine some ore that is not found on the planet & also mined an asteroid for some other minerals not found on the planet, now I have the tier 2 drill & we can also build higher level vehicles & weapons, this game is cool.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 11:17:17 PM »
this past weekend while we were on just learning the game, I found an abandoned mine, basically a building/camp (also known as a POI - point of interest) that is owned by the NPC/Aliens & when I went onto the compound I found several crates with loot in them, so I grab all I could & went back to our new base, while I was putting the stuff in our constructor, two large freighters showed up over head, killed all 3 of us & so destroyed our base that it left a hole in the ground all the way down to lava.

Now my first thought was it was a response for my looting of the abandoned base, but I went onto the EGS forums & posted this story & ask if in fact the two were related & everyone said it's was random or luck that the two events happened one after the other, so going into the abandon base doesn't call down the wrath of the aliens, it was just bad timing.  Also they suggested, as has Tack, that we build inside a cave... meaning we dig a cave & build deep inside, so no random attacks like that can hurts us again, at least until we can get some major turret guns to protect us, so this game continues to impress & show all sorts of possibilities.

Also, I watch a few video's on how you can take control of the abandoned base & that is going to be so much fun, think of it like going into the caves on ARK for the first time, only much deeper & when you get to the core, you can destroy it & put your core in & you now own the base, plus there is some very rare loot in there, so many adventures await us, Kevin get on the ball bud & get this game, I hope you can get is a server going, but if not, perhaps we can rent one.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:18:59 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed »

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 11:08:14 PM »
the server we were on has still not updated, we may have to find a new one, so I will be looking....

Online |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 12:39:02 PM »
I will be installing a server for us tonight how about that ;)

Online |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:22:29 PM »
Well after i got the ports figured out i managed to setup our verry own Empyrion server!

Server name is:

AGW Survival ArmedGlobalWarfare.com

Server is visible in the server browser just filter AGW.

Offline |AGW|TA-Tackerman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 09:26:58 PM »
WOW Kevin meny thanks to you bud :)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 02:46:17 AM »
thanks again bud for putting this up for us, if you can password it for us, use our TS pass is fine for now, this is only temporary at this point or possibly we leave it that, we're still learning the game & don't want to deal with pubbies right now, I don't think there is anyone on it but us, but just to be on safe side for now, thanks.

Online |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 09:34:01 AM »
ooh alright i can do that ;)

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 01:10:16 PM »
not sure if you were on yesterday Kevin, but I got a response back on the EGS forums about the problem with placing a core in the POI buildings, this is what they said...

"sounds like you're in multplayer which has POI regenration enabled. POI regeneration prevents you from building on or near prefab structres. If it's your sever you can open the playfield.yaml file and flag that specific POI to not regenerate, which should let you take it over.

On the plus side you'll be able to come back and loot it again soon"

also, can you check to see how many starting planets we have, when you look at the space map, it only shows 2, I think the others can be discovered & that's how it works, but just to make sure we can, cuz there are elements we can't find on our planet or moon, we have to travel to other planets to get them & the two planets that have those elements are not visible on our space map..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:05:37 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed »

Online |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
well would you like me to disable that POI setting?

ill be on in a bit and i can check out the planets.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 05:10:07 PM »
yes on disabling the POI settings for logistic center & possibly the abandoned mine, the rest we can leave so they respawn loot..

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2017, 05:57:21 PM »
here is the jump direction & order to get the two ores for making advanced parts...

Online |AGW|TP-Fir3fox

• Administrator
  • Tournament President
    • Viper Tournaments
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2017, 03:47:08 PM »
I am currently playing single player to begin and learn the game. So far i begin to understand things more. Asking questions is hard when yall are constipating on teamspeak lol.

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 10:27:58 PM »
lol... sorry about that bud.. you know how Tack & Grove are... anyway, Grimco was on last night & said that he found another planet like the one we are on & all the resources are basically untouched, seems we've did a number on Akua at this point, so perhaps making a base on the new planet, I even think he is going to do that & possibly Lego to, see you when you can get on, loads of fun so far..

Offline |AGW|TC-Ed

• Administrator
  • Tournament Admin
« Reply #16 on: Today at 02:20:13 AM »
so, I took Tack's advice, I found a crashed ship on the moon, destroyed the alien core & place my own in it, then I began to deconstruct all the blocks, panels, windows, ect.... I got tons of resources off the ship which were used in two ways.. first I kept all the hardened steel plates in my inventory, then I took all the other components & used them in the factor to help with the high cost of my next build, a new gunship to replace the one I lost.  Grimco & I also discovered that the stock blueprints that come with the game will only take ingots in the factory, but steam workshop blueprints will take the actual parts, thus cutting down on the amount of ingots & crafting time of the vessel, so a win/win on that one.

The gunship I'm making requires over 16,000 iron ingots & with the parts I took from the crashed ship, I now only need about 4,000 ingots, plus many of the other requirements are already green thanks to the resources from the crashed ship, so they are defiantly worth the time it takes to dig them out & deconstruct.  Also keep in mind when your taking the ship apart, not to take off  lower blocks before upper blocks because they can fall & you lose those, I lost a lot of resources because I was trying to work to fast, so take your time & take the ship apart from the top down if possible.

And last, remember I said I kept all the hardened steel plates in my inventory, those are used to upgrade your ships hull to combat status, thus increasing your overall armor & protection.  I had collected about 2500 hardened steel plates & with my multi tool I began to upgrade my ships hull.  When I started my armor was at 627,000... it now says 1,140,300.. so basically I doubled my armor & I didn't have enough plates to finish, got about 80% of it done, so that number will go up, I will defiantly be looking for more crashed ships in the future.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:31:40 AM by |AGW|TC-Ed »