-Patch Notes- Current (v187) & Upcoming
Current ARK Official Server Network Servers Version: 187.0
Per-Pixel Sign painting, with real-time multiplayer simultaneous painting: please don't draw offensive things! <3
Luv u Garry! <3
Community Created Artwork for ARK: Survival Evolved
Real-time simultaneous per-pixel painting in ARK
Electronic Animal Trackers: track your dinos, track wild dinos, track enemy dinos (or players), put on one yourself and don't lose your corpse!! <ShamWow!>
Collidable Saddle Platform & Build-on-Saddles: make your big ♥♥♥♥ brontos and plesios into mobile bases with sleeping bags on 'em or turrets!
Non-Dedicated Host Session: for small groups to play cooperatively -- you use singleplayer saves with this mode, seamlessly!
Mac & Linux Controller Support: for your Steam Controllers! What's that you say? You don't have a Steam Controller yet?! Oh ok, it'll also work with regular controllers
Increase to 4.0 Difficulty on Official Server Network (and increase of difficulty cap to 4.0)
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
A little further out:
- MASSIVE GPU Perf Gain for NVIDIA cards, about 10 Miliseconds per frame (this can be up to a 20-40% gain depending on your FPS). Coming as soon as NVIDIA will let us get these new drivers out...
- Random GPU Driver crash fix: TrueSky
- Competitive "ARK: Survival of the Fittest" game type
- Specific Representative "on-ground" meshes for all dropped items
[MORE NOTES TO COME]
Current Version: v187
v187.1: fixed a rare server-side Inventory crash
Note: for custom Primitive Servers, there is a new Game.ini here: http://pastebin.com/cA9rMxz2
Also going forward have changed the format to be future-proofed and will post a future-proofed INI later, and this will be the last time the Game.ini has to be updated
* Titanomyrmas: designed to ruin your sunday picnics!
* Dimorphodons: designed to harass other dino riders!
* Crossbow: use underwater to ping sharks from a distance!
* Machined Shotgun: less powerful than primtiive, but more shots before reload and tighter spread!
* Redesigned the look of the Stone Tier to look much nicer
* Double the number of dyes. You want Pink? You got Pink!
* You can no longer level up sleeping allies (so mean)
* Approximate +25% Dedicated Server performance gain... PHYSX rewrite!!!!! >:-P -- and nice client performance gain in dense cities as well!
* Keypads now work in densely packed bases (was a "too-many-overlaps" issue)
* Fix for Server memory leak
* Fixed case of "invisible until you move" Structures on Client
* Fixed losing Oxygen when swimming at water surface
* You can unwire and rewrire placed traps -- while leaving them placed and remembering what they were wired to -- making it easier to leave your own base after setting traps up (we don't want to make traps completely ignore you when wired, however, to avoid the incentive to turn your base into a zone of infinite numbers of traps)
* Scorpions/Carrion eaters will now prefer to eat spoiled meat rather than raw meat after being Tamed
* The massive spam of "item removed etc" notification texts when viewing a dino's inventory is now fixed
* Stimberry consumption now reduces Food on Tamed dinos
* You can no longer build for 30 seconds in the immediate damage radius where a structure has been destroyed by an enemy team (helps sieges play out more naturally)
* There's now an "attack that" whistle which will send all dinos in a nearby radius to attack the specific target you're pointing at -- this works very nicely with the Spyglass
* In PvP, structures within caves/cave-entrances now take 6x damage (server modifiable setting)
* Auto Turrets track about 3x as fast, to be more effective
* Only Female Dinos lay eggs now -- it had to happen
* Fixed Saber gender bits -- heh, "fixed"
* Industrial Grill now consumes gas properly, and has more-final model
* You can now drink by pressing E when just standing in water, if there's nothing else to activate. You don't have to be immersed anymore.
* You can now light standing torches in shallow water
* The approximate area of Spawn regions are now indicated when select a character spawn region
* Increased max tripwire connection distance by 50%
* Completely revamped stone structure visuals, for the better
* Custom servers can now specify whether they want downloadable individually: characters, items, dinos
* Grenade damage is reduced by 33% generally and an additional 33% vs dinos (so about -45% in total vs dinos)
* New Game.ini options:
Defaults false. If true, any Engram not explicitly specified in the EngramsOverride list will be Hidden. Useful for maintaining primitive servers even as we add new Engrams in Updates.
For example. Lets you specify an Engram by classname so that it's guaranteed to work even if Engram indices change in the future -- is guaranteed to be permanent. You can get all the classnames from the ARK Dev Kit.
* Fixed a server-side Inventory crash -- thank you for the help, players of Official PvE 36!