KiWi flying for real... by Grimco
[September 30, 2014, 06:57:22 PM]
Oculas & Samsung introduce Gear VR by |AGW|TC-Ed
[September 03, 2014, 02:36:07 PM]
new Gallery mod added... by |AGW|TC-Ed
[July 11, 2014, 05:34:18 PM]
live stream, ffsplit & twich... by |AGW|TC-Ed
[July 06, 2014, 11:37:10 AM]
new SSD... by |AGW|TP-Fir3fox
[July 05, 2014, 11:21:55 AM]
- Guests: 6
- Hidden: 0
- Users: 1
- Users Online:
- Total Members: 407
- Total Posts: 150
- Total Topics: 59
- Total Categories: 4
- Total Boards: 21
- Most Online: 44
September 25, 2014, 04:07:39 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 4 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 09/25/2014
The next update is out, details below...Game Table and PVP Improvements
- Game Markers
- You can now use Game Markers to specify which of your claims you want a PVP match to be active in.
- In the Prop Settings of your Game Table, simply click the Game Marker and place it in each claim that you want the PVP match to be active.
- The claim that has the Game Table in it will always be active for PVP.
- You also don’t have to put Game Markers down in claims that already have Control Points or Spawn Points – they are automatically flagged for PVP.
- Observer Mode
- There is now an Observer Mode on claims that have a PVP Match active.
- When entering a claim that has a match active, you'll no longer be kicked to the claim boundary. You're free to walk around inside the claim, but you'll be invisible to the other clients who are current playing.
- Additionally, you can click the "Observer Mode" button in the PVP Banner, which will switch you to a Free Camera mode. This lets you fly around the claim, watching the action from any angle you choose.
- Cross World Queue
- You can now queue for a PVP Match on one world or island, and accept the queue on another. Previously, you would have to stay on the same island, if you wanted to join a game.
- For example, you can now queue for a match on one world, travel to another world to mine or harvest, and when your queue pops, you'll be teleported to the claim that you queued at.
- Gallery Improvements
- Active PVP games will now show additional information in the Gallery.
- When a game is in queue, a yellow crossed swords icon will appear.
- Active, in-progress games have green cross swords.
- You can also filter claims in the Gallery by game type (Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Zone Control, etc.)
- You can now increase the number of days you can prepay your upkeep. This increase is tied to the length of time you have spent paying for a claim.
- The longer you pay for your claim, the more days you can prepay for!
- When you hit a number of days paid your cap will be increased and we will send you a mail letting you know.
- When you’re just starting out, the cap is five days.
- Once you’ve spent those 5 days, your cap will increase to 7 days.
- After 15 days, the cap increases to 10 days.
- After 30 days, the cap increases to 15 days.
- After 50 days, the cap increases to 20 days.
- After 80 days, the cap increases to 25 days.
- Finally, after 120 days, cap will max at 30 days.
- If you happen to miss a claim upkeep payment and your claim forecloses, we don’t start you over from zero. Instead, it will pick back up at whatever tier you left off at.
- For all current players, the starting balance of days of upkeep paid will be set to 30. This means you will be able to prepay up to 15 days of upkeep from the start.
- There are two new materials for you to experiment with: Worn Iron, and Worn Bronze.
Bug Fixes / Misc
- You can now set the Translocation Pad to be a one-way teleport. Use the option in the Setup window.
- The Flinger destination no longer has collision.
link to blog...
- The Greater Lightstone now works properly.
- You should no longer slide off the Magical Platform when it's placed at a steep angle.
- Scaling one props after another will no longer cause the second prop to start with the scale of the first.
- You can no longer place the endpoint of a Flinger outside of your claim.
- Re-ran the prop / treasure chest placement in all caves. This should fix any instances of half sunken props / treasure chests.
- Wrapped up the tree optimization in all biomes.
- Props will no longer be unintentionally selected when using the mouse to move.
- Selection Volumes will no longer remain in the world if they were up when a claim was deleted.
- Fixed a typo in the Magical and Glass Platforms.
- Shiny Hammered Mithril no longer has a seam.
- You can now talk in party using /g as well as /p.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from harvesting plants, harvesting trees, or using a potion while grappled.
- The Marksman's Bow will no longer have a looping sound as if it's being drawn, when standing idle.
- The Selection Volume will now respond to tools more consistently. Previously it would sometimes take multiple clicks to get a tool to apply to the volume.
- A blank banner will no longer drop down when entering Competition claims.
- F to Interact will no longer show through other pieces of UI.
- Pasting a very large template would sometimes fail. This shouldn't happen any longer.
- Moved buff icons to the upper left corner of the screen.
- Decreased the crafting cost of Rope props.
September 17, 2014, 04:31:24 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 3 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 09/17/2014
The next update is out, details below...Map Tag Searching
- You can now search for Claim tags on the map!
- Looking for a specific type of claim on your island? Maybe you're looking for some cool PVP claims in your neighborhood? You can now search for any tag, when you have your map open!
- Press M to open your map
- Type in any tag that you're looking for, and hit Enter
- We'll show you how many results came back, and those claims will be shown on the map.
- You can now expand your voxel storage for Templates via SC.
- Voxel Storage Expander: 100,000 - 79 SC
- Voxel Storage Expander: 500,000 - 299 SC
- Voxel Storage Expander: 1,000,000 - 499 SC
- We've also added some Prop bundles to the Marketplace.
- Chain and Brace Bundle - 249 SC
- Bathroom Bundle - 99 SC
- Modular Tree Bundle - 249 SC
- Rope Bundle - 199 SC
link to notes...
- We've done some additional work on teleporting in general. This should address most of the instances where you might fall from a certain height to the ground, or you might fall through the ground as you load.
- Addressed an issue with the Magical Platforms that was causing players to fall off of it.
- Resizing props that have a particle down to it's smallest version will no longer cause FX artifacts.
- Pressing the Delete key after placing a Game Table will no longer bring up a confirmation box to delete the object.
- Fixed an issue where the orientation of your character would be off axis, after using ledge grab on an odd angled surface.
- Lumicite is no longer indestructable.
- Weapon tooltips properly refer to "Energy" instead of "Mana."
- Weapon tooltips should properly go away if the map is opened while they are on screen.
- Deleting any Mover (Translocation Pad, Flinger, Magical Platform) will now properly work with Undo.
- The Grappling Hook will no longer appear in Template screenshots.
- Fixed a bug where there was a lengthy wait to join a queue, if you had just left the game.
- Hitting ESC will now reset the voxel cursor or prop placement to default before cancelling.
- Pressing the down arrow in Guild Ranks will no longer create new ranks infinitely.
- Addressed an issue where deleting and then creating a new character would result in no chat window, no recipe tracker, and no pop-up.
- Teleport to Friend will now correctly display an error when it is on cooldown.
- Speculative fix for chat windows duplicating themselves. Let us know if you see this one!
September 10, 2014, 12:24:43 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 5 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 09/10/2014
The next update is out, new props, lots of tweaks & more. Details below...New Props
Claim Management Fixes and Polish
- Hot on the heels of the rope props last week, we're introducing Chain props for this update. There's a straight, a curved, and a coiled chain.
- We’ve also got three different hooks that you can use for the rope and chain props.
- Additionally, there’s a few bathroom props for you: a Bath Tub, a Sink, and a toilet.
- Lastly, we've got something interesting: a modular tree!
- We essentially took a version of the large Banyan tree from the Jungle biome, and broke it up in to numerous pieces for you to experiment with. There's a Trunk, a Small and Medium branch, and three different large branches.
Game Table Fixes and Tweaks
- Individual Claim Permissions should now work properly.
- Added descriptions for text entries in the Claim Management window
- Fixed an issue where the Claim Management UI looked like it could be edited, even if you didn't have a claim.
- The Claim Management window will now properly display longer text descriptions via a scroll bar.\
- Previously, you would have to click the "Tag" button to actually save your tags in the Claim Management UI. We removed this, and you can now save all of that information by simply clicking "Save."
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't delete your Claim Photos
- Fixed an issue where you could only take three photos, instead of four
- ESC will no longer place a Game Table, when it's on your cursor.
- Sometimes you could see a blank claim banner when crossing a claim boundary. This should no longer occur.
- Holding CTRL will no longer place multiple props when using the Game Table.
- Removed the Assist Kill point setting on the Deathmatch Game Table.
- The settings window will no longer instantly appear when attempting to place a Game Table. It will open however, when it's placed.
- Updated the PVP Claim Banner art, and added more detailed game status descriptions (Idle, Ready, Waiting, Running, etc.)
- The windows on the main Gallery page have been altered to be more useful with the current feature set. The left-most pane is now “Games”. This includes more than just PvP. It also includes platformers, mazes, and more. The right window is now “New Buildouts” which means claims that have been submitted in the recent past. The tabs at the bottom of the screen is where the fantasy, sci-fi, and modern buildouts are being displayed now.
Bug Fixes / Misc
- The bundling interface has been upgraded. When you look at a bundle on the marketplace, you’ll now see the individual icons of the items contained and you can click those items to go directly to their detail panes for more information. (Click the back button to return after checking out the bundle item.)
- The categories used in the Category list on the Gallery page have now been moved over to the Marketplace page also. This makes it a lot easier to search for items in the Player Studio offerings.
link to release notes....
- Reduced the energy cost of the Grapple Hook by 50%.
- We believe we've addressed the issue where some guilds were unable to invite members.
- Fixed an issue where the Spire would move from its intended spot.
- The Founder's Pickaxe should no longer unequip itself.
- Addressed an issue where your upper body would be stuck in a certain animation after chopping down a tree.
- Fixed an issue where the Armor / Health / Energy were showing when the map was opened
- You no longer see your friends go offline / online when they change worlds or islands.
- Copying a selection will no longer break the undo / redo stack (Seriously. It's fixed this time.)
- Buff icons will no longer relocate to the center of your screen after zoning
- "F to Interact" is a little more intuitive when near multiple props. The prop will now highlight apprpropriately when you're near it.
- "F to Interact" will no longer show on the Map, or on Server Select.
- The spire on the Dark Elf museum island should now work properly.
- Removed the cast bar when mining.
- You can no longer use the Translocation Pad to teleport to a far away claim.
- As part of an on-going optimization process, we're reducing the polycount on some of the props that populate our biomes. This update has some of the Jungle biome props optimized, and the rest of them should trickle out in the coming weeks.
September 04, 2014, 06:17:48 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 6 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 09/04/2014
The next update is out, changes to the game tables, new props & more. Details below...Game Tables
- We've made a number of improvements and bug fixes to the Game Table system.
- The red Claim Dropdown now displays more information, including:
- Number of Max players
- Number of Minimum players required to start
- The Status of that particular game
- The Party Window now displays the color of the team you're on
- The Queue window now shows the Game Type, instead of "Claim Name"
- Added numerous audio pieces to Game Start, Countdown, Game End, etc
- Fixed a UI issue where all the sliders would not line up when all the way to the right
- Game Table props should no longer appear in Template Screenshots
- Changed the "Game Settings" drop down to "Game Type Settings"
- Disabled the Feedback button for the Claim owner when a game is active
- Fixed an error messaged that referred to the Game Tables as "rule set objects."
- Previously, the cursor while in the Game Table options would display as the "Move UI" cursor. Fixed.
- Removed the green "Place Here" button in the Prop Settings, until we can introduce this properly.
- Fixed an issue where "Leave Queue" would flash briefly after Joining a Game
- The "Penalty per Death" option should now work properly
- The Scoreboard UI should now update accordingly, if players join while it's open.
- Addressed an issue where deleting an attached claim that had a Game Table on it would leave you in a bad state. You must now remove Game Tables before deleting a claim.
- The Props in the "Prop Settings" list now have tooltips on the "Go to Prop" and "Remove Prop" buttons
New Props / Materials
- The ability name in Combat Chat will now show properly
- We believe we've addressed the issue where Health / Energy bars would not show sometimes. Let us know if you see this!
- We've got some new Rope props for you! These include straight, curved, knotted, and wrapped rope.
- We're also introducing a new material: Cloth!
link to patch notes...
- Speculative fix for the flickering ocean issue that some players were seeing
- You should no longer die after teleporting.
- Fixed an issue where outfits were tinting the players body color
- Sometimes you would ledge grab on props that didn't really have a "ledge," such as plants, etc. This should happen much less frequently.
- Copying a selection should no longer break your undo / redo stack.
- Fixed an issue where some spawns of Plumthistle were not harvestable.
- All players in the vicinity of a chest will now be awarded loot when opened.
- Introduced an optimization that should result in about 10% reduced memory usage, especially in complex scenes.
- Addressed a few crashes.
- Added meta categories for "PVP" and "Movers" in the Gallery.
- The flinger should no longer go in to Translate mode after a copy / paste.
August 28, 2014, 05:02:35 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 2 | Comments: 0
H&G released the latest build called ‘Rommel’ details below...
‘Rommel’ update is now Live!
Posted Aug 28 2014 by Reto.Robotron3000
The new build named Rommel (after the German field marshal Erwin J. Rommel) is live on the servers! So here’s a quick overview of the new features we’ve added for you to enjoy!New Features Generals and Officers
We have expanded the ranks all the way to Field Marshal and made major improvements to the strategic gameplay. Generals and other commanding officers are now characters that equip Assault Teams, starting with their own branch of the armed forces and then expanding to other branches. Read more about the Generals here
. New Weapons: FG42 & M1 Carbine
In the last build we re-introduced the paratroopers and a LOT of players asked for paratrooper specific weapons, these are here now; the German Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 and the American M1 Carbine. If you want to know more about these awesome new toys, take a look here
. New victory conditions
Looking at the map you will notice that there are more important cities marked with a star symbol (★). These are the strategically important cities that determine the winner of the war. To learn more about how this new feature works, take a look at this blog post
. Vehicle Wrench tool
For a long time a heavily damaged tank has just been a useless chunk of metal, most tankers would abandon them and try their luck on foot, but now you haev a choice! The repair wrench is available for Tankers, Infantry and Recon and can be used to repair damaged vehicles. This takes time and is best performed away from danger. If you want to know more about this terrific tool, read more here
. Official Twitch channel
We have started a Friday devstream on Twitch
, where we will broadcast live from Reto-Moto HQ and show new features, answer player questions and maybe show off what we are working on for the coming builds. In case you missed our first episode, you can check out the recording on youtube here
There is of course much more happening in the build, so continue reading for more details…
Minor stuff Here is a list of some additional features in the Rommel build.
- Campaign screen user interface cleanup
- Gameplay hints in Action Game GUI
- Better graphics on lower end machines
- Assault gamemode tweaks
- Buffed pistols a bit
- More anti-grief/cheat code
- Bug fixes
Mobile Command The Mobile Command app moves along on its own release cycle (when at all possible) so the current version is compatible with the Quesada build when it goes live.
For a more detailed changelog take a look at: this forum thread