Oculas & Samsung introduce Gear VR by |AGW|TC-Ed
[September 03, 2014, 02:36:07 PM]
new Gallery mod added... by |AGW|TC-Ed
[July 11, 2014, 05:34:18 PM]
live stream, ffsplit & twich... by |AGW|TC-Ed
[July 06, 2014, 11:37:10 AM]
new SSD... by |AGW|TP-Fir3fox
[July 05, 2014, 11:21:55 AM]
public discussions area by |AGW|TC-Ed
[June 28, 2014, 01:25:35 PM]
- Total Members: 407
- Total Posts: 145
- Total Topics: 56
- Total Categories: 4
- Total Boards: 21
- Most Online: 44
September 17, 2014, 04:31:24 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 2 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 09/17/2014
The next update is out, details below...Map Tag Searching
- You can now search for Claim tags on the map!
- Looking for a specific type of claim on your island? Maybe you're looking for some cool PVP claims in your neighborhood? You can now search for any tag, when you have your map open!
- Press M to open your map
- Type in any tag that you're looking for, and hit Enter
- We'll show you how many results came back, and those claims will be shown on the map.
- You can now expand your voxel storage for Templates via SC.
- Voxel Storage Expander: 100,000 - 79 SC
- Voxel Storage Expander: 500,000 - 299 SC
- Voxel Storage Expander: 1,000,000 - 499 SC
- We've also added some Prop bundles to the Marketplace.
- Chain and Brace Bundle - 249 SC
- Bathroom Bundle - 99 SC
- Modular Tree Bundle - 249 SC
- Rope Bundle - 199 SC
link to notes...
- We've done some additional work on teleporting in general. This should address most of the instances where you might fall from a certain height to the ground, or you might fall through the ground as you load.
- Addressed an issue with the Magical Platforms that was causing players to fall off of it.
- Resizing props that have a particle down to it's smallest version will no longer cause FX artifacts.
- Pressing the Delete key after placing a Game Table will no longer bring up a confirmation box to delete the object.
- Fixed an issue where the orientation of your character would be off axis, after using ledge grab on an odd angled surface.
- Lumicite is no longer indestructable.
- Weapon tooltips properly refer to "Energy" instead of "Mana."
- Weapon tooltips should properly go away if the map is opened while they are on screen.
- Deleting any Mover (Translocation Pad, Flinger, Magical Platform) will now properly work with Undo.
- The Grappling Hook will no longer appear in Template screenshots.
- Fixed a bug where there was a lengthy wait to join a queue, if you had just left the game.
- Hitting ESC will now reset the voxel cursor or prop placement to default before cancelling.
- Pressing the down arrow in Guild Ranks will no longer create new ranks infinitely.
- Addressed an issue where deleting and then creating a new character would result in no chat window, no recipe tracker, and no pop-up.
- Teleport to Friend will now correctly display an error when it is on cooldown.
- Speculative fix for chat windows duplicating themselves. Let us know if you see this one!
September 10, 2014, 12:24:43 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 5 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 09/10/2014
The next update is out, new props, lots of tweaks & more. Details below...New Props
Claim Management Fixes and Polish
- Hot on the heels of the rope props last week, we're introducing Chain props for this update. There's a straight, a curved, and a coiled chain.
- We’ve also got three different hooks that you can use for the rope and chain props.
- Additionally, there’s a few bathroom props for you: a Bath Tub, a Sink, and a toilet.
- Lastly, we've got something interesting: a modular tree!
- We essentially took a version of the large Banyan tree from the Jungle biome, and broke it up in to numerous pieces for you to experiment with. There's a Trunk, a Small and Medium branch, and three different large branches.
Game Table Fixes and Tweaks
- Individual Claim Permissions should now work properly.
- Added descriptions for text entries in the Claim Management window
- Fixed an issue where the Claim Management UI looked like it could be edited, even if you didn't have a claim.
- The Claim Management window will now properly display longer text descriptions via a scroll bar.\
- Previously, you would have to click the "Tag" button to actually save your tags in the Claim Management UI. We removed this, and you can now save all of that information by simply clicking "Save."
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't delete your Claim Photos
- Fixed an issue where you could only take three photos, instead of four
- ESC will no longer place a Game Table, when it's on your cursor.
- Sometimes you could see a blank claim banner when crossing a claim boundary. This should no longer occur.
- Holding CTRL will no longer place multiple props when using the Game Table.
- Removed the Assist Kill point setting on the Deathmatch Game Table.
- The settings window will no longer instantly appear when attempting to place a Game Table. It will open however, when it's placed.
- Updated the PVP Claim Banner art, and added more detailed game status descriptions (Idle, Ready, Waiting, Running, etc.)
- The windows on the main Gallery page have been altered to be more useful with the current feature set. The left-most pane is now “Games”. This includes more than just PvP. It also includes platformers, mazes, and more. The right window is now “New Buildouts” which means claims that have been submitted in the recent past. The tabs at the bottom of the screen is where the fantasy, sci-fi, and modern buildouts are being displayed now.
Bug Fixes / Misc
- The bundling interface has been upgraded. When you look at a bundle on the marketplace, you’ll now see the individual icons of the items contained and you can click those items to go directly to their detail panes for more information. (Click the back button to return after checking out the bundle item.)
- The categories used in the Category list on the Gallery page have now been moved over to the Marketplace page also. This makes it a lot easier to search for items in the Player Studio offerings.
link to release notes....
- Reduced the energy cost of the Grapple Hook by 50%.
- We believe we've addressed the issue where some guilds were unable to invite members.
- Fixed an issue where the Spire would move from its intended spot.
- The Founder's Pickaxe should no longer unequip itself.
- Addressed an issue where your upper body would be stuck in a certain animation after chopping down a tree.
- Fixed an issue where the Armor / Health / Energy were showing when the map was opened
- You no longer see your friends go offline / online when they change worlds or islands.
- Copying a selection will no longer break the undo / redo stack (Seriously. It's fixed this time.)
- Buff icons will no longer relocate to the center of your screen after zoning
- "F to Interact" is a little more intuitive when near multiple props. The prop will now highlight apprpropriately when you're near it.
- "F to Interact" will no longer show on the Map, or on Server Select.
- The spire on the Dark Elf museum island should now work properly.
- Removed the cast bar when mining.
- You can no longer use the Translocation Pad to teleport to a far away claim.
- As part of an on-going optimization process, we're reducing the polycount on some of the props that populate our biomes. This update has some of the Jungle biome props optimized, and the rest of them should trickle out in the coming weeks.
September 04, 2014, 06:17:48 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 6 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 09/04/2014
The next update is out, changes to the game tables, new props & more. Details below...Game Tables
- We've made a number of improvements and bug fixes to the Game Table system.
- The red Claim Dropdown now displays more information, including:
- Number of Max players
- Number of Minimum players required to start
- The Status of that particular game
- The Party Window now displays the color of the team you're on
- The Queue window now shows the Game Type, instead of "Claim Name"
- Added numerous audio pieces to Game Start, Countdown, Game End, etc
- Fixed a UI issue where all the sliders would not line up when all the way to the right
- Game Table props should no longer appear in Template Screenshots
- Changed the "Game Settings" drop down to "Game Type Settings"
- Disabled the Feedback button for the Claim owner when a game is active
- Fixed an error messaged that referred to the Game Tables as "rule set objects."
- Previously, the cursor while in the Game Table options would display as the "Move UI" cursor. Fixed.
- Removed the green "Place Here" button in the Prop Settings, until we can introduce this properly.
- Fixed an issue where "Leave Queue" would flash briefly after Joining a Game
- The "Penalty per Death" option should now work properly
- The Scoreboard UI should now update accordingly, if players join while it's open.
- Addressed an issue where deleting an attached claim that had a Game Table on it would leave you in a bad state. You must now remove Game Tables before deleting a claim.
- The Props in the "Prop Settings" list now have tooltips on the "Go to Prop" and "Remove Prop" buttons
New Props / Materials
- The ability name in Combat Chat will now show properly
- We believe we've addressed the issue where Health / Energy bars would not show sometimes. Let us know if you see this!
- We've got some new Rope props for you! These include straight, curved, knotted, and wrapped rope.
- We're also introducing a new material: Cloth!
link to patch notes...
- Speculative fix for the flickering ocean issue that some players were seeing
- You should no longer die after teleporting.
- Fixed an issue where outfits were tinting the players body color
- Sometimes you would ledge grab on props that didn't really have a "ledge," such as plants, etc. This should happen much less frequently.
- Copying a selection should no longer break your undo / redo stack.
- Fixed an issue where some spawns of Plumthistle were not harvestable.
- All players in the vicinity of a chest will now be awarded loot when opened.
- Introduced an optimization that should result in about 10% reduced memory usage, especially in complex scenes.
- Addressed a few crashes.
- Added meta categories for "PVP" and "Movers" in the Gallery.
- The flinger should no longer go in to Translate mode after a copy / paste.
August 28, 2014, 05:02:35 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 2 | Comments: 0
H&G released the latest build called ‘Rommel’ details below...
‘Rommel’ update is now Live!
Posted Aug 28 2014 by Reto.Robotron3000
The new build named Rommel (after the German field marshal Erwin J. Rommel) is live on the servers! So here’s a quick overview of the new features we’ve added for you to enjoy!New Features Generals and Officers
We have expanded the ranks all the way to Field Marshal and made major improvements to the strategic gameplay. Generals and other commanding officers are now characters that equip Assault Teams, starting with their own branch of the armed forces and then expanding to other branches. Read more about the Generals here
. New Weapons: FG42 & M1 Carbine
In the last build we re-introduced the paratroopers and a LOT of players asked for paratrooper specific weapons, these are here now; the German Fallschirmjägergewehr 42 and the American M1 Carbine. If you want to know more about these awesome new toys, take a look here
. New victory conditions
Looking at the map you will notice that there are more important cities marked with a star symbol (★). These are the strategically important cities that determine the winner of the war. To learn more about how this new feature works, take a look at this blog post
. Vehicle Wrench tool
For a long time a heavily damaged tank has just been a useless chunk of metal, most tankers would abandon them and try their luck on foot, but now you haev a choice! The repair wrench is available for Tankers, Infantry and Recon and can be used to repair damaged vehicles. This takes time and is best performed away from danger. If you want to know more about this terrific tool, read more here
. Official Twitch channel
We have started a Friday devstream on Twitch
, where we will broadcast live from Reto-Moto HQ and show new features, answer player questions and maybe show off what we are working on for the coming builds. In case you missed our first episode, you can check out the recording on youtube here
There is of course much more happening in the build, so continue reading for more details…
Minor stuff Here is a list of some additional features in the Rommel build.
- Campaign screen user interface cleanup
- Gameplay hints in Action Game GUI
- Better graphics on lower end machines
- Assault gamemode tweaks
- Buffed pistols a bit
- More anti-grief/cheat code
- Bug fixes
Mobile Command The Mobile Command app moves along on its own release cycle (when at all possible) so the current version is compatible with the Quesada build when it goes live.
For a more detailed changelog take a look at: this forum thread
August 27, 2014, 02:47:38 PM by |AGW|TC-Ed
| Views: 9 | Comments: 0
Update Notes - 08/27/2014
The update is finally here that will change Landmark forever... or until the next patch that is. Details below... Combat and Game Tables
- Ladies and Gentlemen... are you ready to rumble? Combat is now in Landmark, and we're starting with PVP.
- To engage in PVP, you'll have to join a Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, or Zone Control Game Table that is running on someones claim (or set up your own!)
- For a more detailed explanation on Combat and Game Tables, please read the detailed notes located here.
New to this update, Movers are props that you can place on your claim that will fling, teleport, or generally move you about your claim as you see fit.
Claim Management Overhaul
- Spring Loaded Launcher
- This prop will launch the user in the air, at a speed and angle that you specify! Right Click the object and select "Setup" to modify the settings.
- Spring Loaded Flinger
- This prop acts similarly to the Launcher, but is a two piece prop. The secondary piece can be moved and placed as you see fit, and acts as a landing spot. Simply place the Cube Object wherever you want, and when you activate the flinger, it'll propel you towards the target! You can also right click this object and select "Setup" in order to change the Height (angle.)
- Translocation Pad
- This is a prop that has two pieces, and can teleport the user from one piece to another. After initially placing the two-piece prop, simply right click one of the Pads and select "Reposition." Move it anywhere else on your claim, and when you walk over one of the Pads, it'll teleport you to the other pad!
- Magical Platform
- This is a three-piece prop, that acts as a moving platform. You can reposition the two end pieces to make the platform move in any manner that you want. Left to Right, Right to Left, Up and Down, Diagonally - you can even rotate the ends in any axis, which in turn rotates the pad as it moves!
- These props can be crafted at the workshop.
Showcase and Player Studio enhancements
- We've significantly overhauled the Claim Management window. You no longer have to open multiple windows to edit your claim, or pay upkeep - this is now an all-in-one solution that lets you easily manage everything in one window.
- Press U to open Claim Management
- On the left side, you can see all or your claims. Clicking on one of them will refresh the middle pane of the window with that selected claims information (no more separate windows!)
- In that middle pane you can update your screenshots, change the claim name and description, and add tags. There is a tab on top of that middle pane that accesses the Security Settings.
- The right pane displays the Upkeep information for all of your claims. Simply input the number of days you'd like to pay, and it'll tell you how much Copper or SC it will cost.
- Speaking of SC, we've added the option for you to pay for your upkeep with Station Cash. The current cost is 10 SC per day, per claim.
- You can now Follow players and tags within the Showcase!
- On the My Store tab, click "Start Following." From here you can type in the name of your favorite creator, and start following them.
- You can also decide to follow certain tags, and this is where you can really get specific.
- For example, you could put in two separate tags: PVP and Castle. If you're just searching for these, you would get updates from anyone who submitted something with the tag "PVP" or "Castle."
- However, you could also group tags together! So if you only want to get updates on "PVP Castles" then we would only update you when someone submits something that has BOTH of those tags.
- Every 24 hours, we'll search for anything that has been successfully submitted to the Marketplace or Gallery, and send you an in-game mail with updates from your followed tags and creators. If you have your personal e-mail on file, we'll also send you an e-mail with the same information.
New Props and Material Changes / Additions
- You can now bundle your Player Studio items together!
- Bundling is a system that lets you bundle any approved Player Studio objects together into a single item that can be purchased from the store. This is obviously useful when you’re attempting to sell anything built with modular pieces, or even just to offer collections of your items at a single price point for convenience.
- To bundle items together, go to MyStore.
- You can only bundle items that have been submitted successfully and approved previously.
- When bundling items, you will name the bundle, give it a description, and then add items from your MyStore list into the bundle.
- Your bundle price cannot be lower than the total of all the item minimum prices contained within the bundle. Example: If I make an item and submit it to Player Studio, it will have a minimum SC price that needs to be charged. Let’s say I made an archway and the minimum price was 25SC. I list that item for 100SC individually. When I add it to a bundle, it will raise them minimum price of that bundle by the item’s minimum price of 25SC, not by the higher price you decided to charge. 10 such items added into a bundle would raise that bundle’s minimum price by 100SC.
- Once a bundle is created, it is submitted through the regular review channels for content check. Once approved, you’re good to go!
- You do not pay any additional Listing Fees for creating a bundle. The listing fees were charged already for the individual pieces.
- You can create any number of bundles, but you can currently only actively list 10 of them at a time.
- We've got some great Kerran themed props for all you Workshop builders!
- Hanging Kerran Lamp
- Standing Kerran Brazier
- Hanging Kerran Lantern
- Wooden Kerran Lattice
- Rectangular Kerran Rug
- Ornate Kerran Vase
- Wooden Kerran Table
- Wooden Kerran Lamp Post
- Simple Kerran Stool (six colors)
- Ornate Kerran Stool (six colors)
You can also now craft Proximity Mines. For more info on Proximity Mines see the Combat and Game Tables link above.
As a side note, we've also categorized our Prop Lists, since the list seems to grow every update!
- Prop – Decoration
- Prop – Furniture
- Prop – Lightsource
- Prop – Interactive
- Added ten new colored Stucco variations, and sixteen new Burled Wood variations (light and dark tints to all current burled wood textures.) These should add some diversity to Kerran Workshop builds!
- We've made the Glass Voxels more clear (it previously had a green tint) and removed the rippled texture from it.
- Good news everyone! We've increased the amount of attached claims you can have to five!
- To recap, you can have up to two root claims, and up to five attachment claims (total.)
- As a reminder, all claims must be in a 3x3x3 box around the root claim.
Bug Fixes / Misc
- We've made a number of optimizations that should improve framerates for many players. This does not include the Multithreaded Rendering, which we are still working on.
link to release notes...
- Ledge grab has been enabled!
- You can now interact with a prop, if you have a sickle equipped.
- Added the following message to Character Delete. "WARNING: Deleting your character will permanently delete all items in your inventory, chests, and vault. This includes items purchased from the Marketplace. Note: Building templates currently saved will carry over to your new character. If you are SURE that you want to delete your character and all its items, please type DELETE below to confirm."
- Windowed Full Screen should now allow you to Alt Tab to a window that is on another monitor.
- Fixed numerous crashes.
- The Portal Spire should now have a near infinite view distance.
- Added a proper skin to all the Notification Windows (Mail, Upkeep reminder, Player Studio Approvals, etc)
- The Showcase should now close with "B."
- Fixed an issue where you would continue to swim on land, if you migrated on to user placed voxels from the water
- Turned the FPS meter off by default. You can bring it back with Alt + F.
- You can now press "F" to interact with objects.
- You are now able to map the Mouse4 and Mouse5 buttons to any control.
- If you have an item that enables Double Jump, you can now jump after falling.
- The Contacts list will now keep the Friends / Guild dropdowns regardless of the "Show Offline" setting.
- Addressed numerous Guild UI bugs